These days, there are millions of people searching for solutions that may help to improve their ability to focus and concentrate on tasks. This isn’t surprising considering we all seem to be called upon to do many things in a day with thousands of thoughts simultaneously going on in our mind. This can keep us well distracted from completing and moving on to the next task.
Although we try to manage some of the many factors that can affect our ability to focus such as a lack of sleep, anxiety, mental exhaustion and especially distraction, it can become very frustrating when we intend to tackle a task and mark it off our list or even to simply immerse ourselves in a good book but can’t seem to focus.
Additionally, for many people, the day requires optimal mental performance and these days that seems to mean a lot of switching tasks and contexts which in some cases, we can’t avoid.
Processing multiple amounts of information quickly can become more difficult for the brain and this may also lead to an inability to reflect long enough before we move on to something else.
While we may not always be able to control all the daily factors that may contribute to a lack of focus and concentration while studying, working etc, we may have some control in facilitating the way the brain reacts to these factors.
The right Nootropic supplements for focus and concentration may assist in boosting our capacity to focus by increasing energy sources to the brain which supports cognition or by modulating the release and production of certain neurotransmitters involved in focus, concentration and attention.
If you are interested in tools that may help assist you in blocking out distractions, here is a list of Nootropics considered to be the best at influencing a better ability to focus and concentrate.
Top Nootropic Supplements for Focus and Concentration
Type: Peptide/Cognitive Enhancer
Used For: Memory Enhancement, Cognitive Performance, Mental Energy, Focus, Mental Alertness, Brain Fog, Mood, Anxiety, Depression, Brain Health
- Noopept is considered one of the best Nootropics for enhancing focus and concentration. It is also one of the fastest acting synthetic brain boosters, reaching maximum concentration within 15-20 minutes.
This Nootropic has a similar action to Piracetam, the first Nootropic ever developed although considered much more potent. Noopept primarily acts to modulate the flow of Acetylcholine in the brain, an important neurotransmitter involved in memory, attention and learning as well as inhibiting the breakdown of Glutamate, another powerful neurochemical supporting cognitive functions.
In addition, Noopept has shown to have neuroprotective properties, protecting brain cells and neurons from damage and boosting blood flow to the brain, increasing oxygen and glucose uptake which can lead to heightened alertness, focus, energy levels and mood.
2. L-Theanine (+ Caffeine)
Type: Amino Acid
Used For: Relaxation, Anxiety, Quality of Sleep, Mental Performance, Mood, Focus, Attention
- L-Theanine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in green tea leaves. A unique Nootropic, it is known to produce a relaxing and mind calming effect without being a sedative. It is also considered to be an excellent Nootropic to use on its own for its positive effects on managing stress and enhancing focus, mood, cognition and quality of sleep.
It is thought to work by boosting levels of neurotransmitters Serotonin and Dopamine in the brain that are involved in mood, memory, focus, sleep cycles and cognition. It is also known to promote the release of alpha brain waves, associated with states of relaxed mental alertness and concentration.
The most powerful cognitive effects of this Nootropic is best experienced when stacked or taken in combination with caffeine. While caffeine helps to increase alertness and attention, L-theanine may blunt the negative effects of caffeine such as jitteriness and anxiousness.
Type: Racetam Nootropic
Used For: Memory Enhancement, Focused Productivity, Studying, Mental Alertness, Clarity, ADHD/ADD, Cognitive Performance, Mood
- Pramiracetam is a popular synthetic derivative of Piracetam and considered to be one of the strongest Nootropics available. It has a growing positive reputation for optimizing overall brain function, enhancing memory, learning capacity and especially the ability to focus.
Its primary action is to increase high-affinity choline uptake in the hippocampus, boosting the synthesis and circulation of the important neurotransmitter Acetylcholine within the brain, a neurochemical highly involved in memory formation, concentration, learning speed and neuroplasticity.
This Nootropic may also boost cerebral blood flow, delivering more oxygen and nutrients to the brain, promoting mental alertness, enhanced clarity and overall cognitive abilities.
- Type: Racetam Nootropic
Used For: Memory Enhancement, Learning Capacity, Focus, Energy, Memory, Mood Enhancement, Athletic Performance, Depression, Anxiety and more.
- Phenylpiracetam is a potent Nootropic belonging to the Racetam class with fast acting effects. It is largely recognized in a multitude of user reviews for its stimulatory effects, greatly increasing mental energy as well as impressively enhancing the ability to focus, concentrate and learn. It has even been reported to help reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
This Nootropic is thought to increase the density of receptors in the brain, allowing more to be available for important neurotransmitters to bind to. These neurochemicals are linked to several cognitive processes including memory, focus, alertness, cognition and mood.
In addition, Phenylpiracetam is well known for boosting physical performance, alleviating the effects of stress on the body and boosting stamina and endurance.
5. CDP Choline
Type: Cholinergic Supplement
Used For: Memory Enhancement, Mental Clarity, Focus, Brain Health, Mental Energy, Age-Related Memory Loss, ADHD and more.
Citicoline (CDP-Choline) Summary
- Citicoline (CDP Choline or Cytidine 5-diphosphocholine) is known as an effective and safe choline source. A substance that is already naturally found in the body, it is also a very popular Nootropic, best known for its ability to enhance memory and used as a powerful focus and concentration aid.
This is a unique type of choline supplement with actions that have been extensively studied. It separates into both choline and cytidine (which then converts into uridine) once inside the brain.
It is then used to restore and repair neuronal membranes and enhance the production and release of the neurotransmitter Acetylcholine, as well as influencing increased levels of other important neurochemicals such as Dopamine and Norepinephrine, all highly involved in memory, attention, focus, learning, and mood.
CDP choline is also a popular addition to many Nootropic stacks since it is considered effective at enhancing the effects of other Nootropics.
Type: Eugeroic Drug
Used For: Narcolepsy, Daytime Sleep Disorders, Shift Work Sleep Disorder OFF LABEL: Energy, Wakefulness, Focus, Processing Speed, Motivation, Mental Acuity, Learning Capacity, ADD/ADHD, Productivity, Memory.
Modafinil is a prescription eugeroic drug or stimulant that promotes wakefulness and mental alertness. It was developed to prevent excessive daytime sleepiness associated with several sleep disorders.
- It primarily targets the orexin/hypocretin system in the brain and influences various neurotransmitters and receptors that can also lead to greatly heightening focus, concentration and motivation. Although the effects of Modafinil are similar to stimulants, it is not known to encourage physical or mental hyperactivity or disrupt nighttime sleep, which is why it is commonly used off-label as a Nootropic drug or “smart drug”.
Modafinil is a derivative of Adrafinil, another eugeroic that converts into Modafinil in the body. It is sometimes used as a non-prescription alternative to Modafinil and considered to produce almost identical effects.
Type: Racetam Nootropic
Used For: Concentration, Cognitive Function, Memory Enhancement, Learning Capacity, Anxiety, Depression and more.
Aniracetam is a fast acting compound and more potent analog of Piracetam. As a favorite in the Nootropic community, it is used to enhance mental performance but also recognized for its potential anti-depression and anxiolytic effects (anxiety reducing).
- It is believed to bind to receptors and elevate levels of several important neurotransmitters Acetylcholine, Glutamate, Dopamine and Serotonin, brain chemicals that play a role in cognitive performance and mood such as memory formation, recall, learning capacity, focus, concentration and emotional states.
With Aniracetam’s low incidents for negative side effects, its potential multi-faceted effects and its general availability, it is a widely popular Nootropic.
- Type: Amino Acid/Natural
Used For: Focus, Motivation, Mental Clarity, Mood, Stress, Energy, Alertness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Physical Performance and more.
L-Tyrosine is one of many standard amino acids that are used by cells in the body to build proteins. It also plays a role in influencing the production of neurotransmitters Dopamine, Norepinephrine and Epinephrine that are highly involved in processes related to attention, focus, mental alertness, mood and energy.
- While Tyrosine doesn’t directly increase focus, it helps to maintain focus, attention and cognition when the mind is tired. It serves as a biochemical buffer as the body uses up these neurotransmitters more when under conditions like high stress or sleep deprivation and helps restore depleted levels that can result in a better ability to return to a state of optimal productivity.
- Type: Racetam Nootropic
Used For: Memory Enhancement, Concentration, Learning, Enhanced Analytical Thinking, Mental Performance, Mental Energy and more.
Oxiracetam is considered a safe and effective true cognitive enhancing agent belonging to the Racetam family of Nootropics. It is believed to positively affect a broad range of cognitive processes from attention span, focus, concentration and learning to technical/logical thinking with countless studies confirming its positive effects on memory performance.
It is thought to influence and raise the levels of two important neurotransmitters Acetylcholine and Glutamate, highly associated with memory formation, learning and processing thoughts.
Increasing the activity of excitatory neurotransmitters, Oxiracetam may also have a mild stimulant-like effect, described by users as additionally boosting mental energy and levels of productivity and is especially noted to be helpful when needing to focus intensely for long periods of time.
- Type: Brain Support Supplement
Used For: Cognitive Function, Alertness, Attention, Memory, Mood, Anxiety, Depression and more.
- Phosphatidylserine (also known as PS) is a phospholipid or type of fat present in every cell in the body with half that amount found in brain cell membranes (the protective layer of the cell).
PS is most primarily known as one of the best supplements for blocking the harmful effects of cortisol (stress hormone) but also plays an important role in optimal cellular communication and the transfer of several materials going in and out of the cells, helping to keep brain cells healthy.
As we age, brain cell membranes progressively lose fluidity, impeding the flow and production of important neurotransmitters (chemical messengers sending signals) like Acetylcholine and Dopamine, neurochemicals involved in memory, recall, focus and mood.
Boosting the flow and production of these neurotransmitters are thought to be responsible for many of the reported positive cognitive benefits of Phosphatidylserine supplementation.
Rate this article :
TOP 10 BEST SELLING NOOTROPIC SUPPLEMENTS
30 day money back guarantee
Free Domestic shipping.
Tested for quality and purity